Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Its Good to be Back
Detailed Battle Rules I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 10:43 pm by Kuwabara

» The Archer
Detailed Battle Rules I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:41 am by GM_Knight

» The Thieves
Detailed Battle Rules I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:22 am by GM_Knight

» The Cavalier
Detailed Battle Rules I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:06 am by GM_Knight

» The Spirit Hosts
Detailed Battle Rules I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:47 am by GM_Knight

» The Knights
Detailed Battle Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:54 pm by GM_Knight

» Mage/Magic Wielder
Detailed Battle Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:41 pm by GM_Knight

» The Myrmidon
Detailed Battle Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:22 pm by GM_Knight

» Barbarians
Detailed Battle Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:12 pm by GM_Knight

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 23 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Detailed Battle Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GM_Knight
Admin
GM_Knight

Male Posts : 33
Gold : 92

Detailed Battle Rules Empty
PostSubject: Detailed Battle Rules   Detailed Battle Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:14 am

While fighting PvP (player vs player) is not the focus of our site, it does happen, and there are rules that the participants must read and understand before going into any fight.

Battle Rules

1. The first and most important rule is that God Modding in any form is not allowed on this site. For anyone new to RPing and in particular battling within an RP, God Modding is when you explicitly control another persons action within your post ie you state that you hit an opponent without giving them a chance to dodge in their post, moving them or any other action that they have not done themselves. If you do god-mod in a fight, or someone does in yours, kindly let them know and give them an opportunity to remedy it. If you do not remedy it and staff have to become involved you will suffer a free hit. Simple as that.

2. No meta-gaming is allowed. Meta-gaming is using information obtained out of character such as your opponents abilities to your own advantage, basically if it's something your character wouldn't know about you can't use it to your advantage. Something that often happens and is hard to avoid in RP is 'fast learning' where after an opponent uses their technique and you've read it your character will react as if they suddenly know the mechanics of the technique. Remember to try and stay realistic in your reactions and fights, its usually a lot funner to slowly work out your opponent's strategies.

3. Be fair and don't try to say that you dodged something that you obviously couldn't dodge, it not only makes RPing a much more enjoyable and rewarding experience for all but it avoids incidents where staff must step in to mediate the situation which not only wastes out time, it wastes yours and ultimately your time is the most important thing.

4. Delayed Detail is frowned on on this site and is something you should try to avoid. Delayed detail is a form of god modding where you create a detail in the topic which benefits you or gives your opponent an unfair disadvantage. A good example of delayed detail is this. In the first post the creator of the topic specifies the battle happens in a park and in a later post begins to run forward, the other participant then says in their post that there happens to be a tree directly in front of them that they would have to change directions immediately to avoid running into it. While this may be a plausible situation the created tree directly benefits one person over another and capitalizes on the fact the opponent didn't explicitly state there WASNT a tree there. This kind of thing is generally dickish and not fair on the person it happens to, whether that's you or the person you do it to. Try to avoid it and keep things fair.

Credit for the creation of these rules goes to my former moderator, Pucko.
Back to top Go down
https://festories.rpg-board.net

Detailed Battle Rules
Page 1 of 1